Eternal-WoW Facebook Eternal-WoW Twitter Eternal-WoW YouTube Eternal-WoW MySpace Share on Google+
Tuesday, September, 02
    • Disable Livestream
    • Disable Slider
    • Disable Clocks
    • Refresh

For instructions on connecting to our 3.3.5a WotLK servers CLICK HERE

For instructions on connecting to our 4.X Cataclysm servers CLICK HERE

iceman6619, Super Game Master 7 hours ago
Redemption, The Illidan is about to break through the Dark portal with his minions! You Must save Azeroth at 5:10 Svt!
iceman6619, Super Game Master 15 hours ago
Eternal! The Pirate Iceman is looking for more crew members. Arrrrrrr you lucky enough? Find out Starting at 9:00 SvT
PolishChris, Admins 21 hours ago
New Month Double Vote Points! Vote To Keep Us On Top! And Earn Top Voter Of September!
Surfacingx, Admins 22 hours ago
Watch the pink bear tank ICC 25HC with Epilogue @ http://www.twitch.tv/sarahrawr19
Austad, Super Game Master 1 day ago
Remorse! Feeling lucky? Test your luck at our Savory Delight Roulette at 12:40 ST

Board index Realm Connection Realm Discussion Remorse (3.3.5 - 255 Funserver)
Moderators: Lead RCT, Senior Developer

Forum rules

DO NOT POST BUGS HERE!
Post them in our Issue Tracker.

[suggestion] report hacker reward?

Post a reply Rate Topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. • 27 posts • Page 1 of 2 1, 2

do you think rewards should be given for reporting x amount of hackers

yes this is a good idea
22 - 42%
yes but more rewards
5 - 9%
maybe
9 - 17%
no this just won't work
9 - 17%
no this is just stupid
7 - 13%
leave hackers alone
1 - 2%

Total votes : 53
#1 Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:59 am by riotguards
hi this may be a silly suggestion but i was wondering if there could every be a reward system for reporting hackers

my idea is that whenever someone succesfully reports a hacker they would get a point for doing so, after x amount of reporting they get a automatic reward of substance x (i.e. 1 vip point or 10 votes, etc)

good idea or just silly?

The Patient
Donors
#2 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am by Hampusloof
riotguards wrote:hi this may be a silly suggestion but i was wondering if there could every be a reward system for reporting hackers

my idea is that whenever someone succesfully reports a hacker they would get a point for doing so, after x amount of reporting they get a automatic reward of substance x (i.e. 1 vip point or 10 votes, etc)

good idea or just silly?

This can be a good suggestion, more hackers banned = better quallity of playing the game :)
Sign Made by Pow! ^

The Patient
Registered users
#3 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 am by goldstinger
There is always a worry of people abusing the process though, and that would put a terrible amount of stress on GM's who have to read them.

Plus, I don't think I would like it if the servers started turning into a 24/7 Hacker Hunt.

But I do agree with you on the fact that it could possibly completely eliminate Hacking altogether. But that is what the New Anti-Hack system is for.

And I think that rewards for reporting a hacker successfully should be worth 5 voting points.

I don't know what I should say about having rewards for reporting hackers :doh:
Should I say yes because I think people do deserve rewards for helping GMs do their jobs?
or Should I say no because we already have an Anti-Hack system in place?

Rival
Registered users
#4 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 am by kugalojan
that "leave hackers alone" seemed like the youtube video where that blonde hair dude QQ's about leave brintney alone... So i had to click it. But yer if there were rewards, people would make an effort to try and report people.

Most people report, get no response so they end up not bothering, For example me.

The Patient
Donors
#5 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:26 am by Hampusloof
kugalojan wrote:that "leave hackers alone" seemed like the youtube video where that blonde hair dude QQ's about leave brintney alone... So i had to click it. But yer if there were rewards, people would make an effort to try and report people.

Most people report, get no response so they end up not bothering, For example me.

That video is GREAT XD but still hacker's are not allowed here so i would go for it but there is one problem ...
ETERNAL-HACKERHUNT
goldstinger wrote:
Plus, I don't think I would like it if the servers started turning into a 24/7 Hacker Hunt.
Sign Made by Pow! ^

The Patient
Registered users
#6 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:34 am by DemonSoliloquy
goldstinger wrote:There is always a worry of people abusing the process though, and that would put a terrible amount of stress on GM's who have to read them.

But I do agree with you on the fact that it could possibly completely eliminate Hacking altogether. But that is what the New Anti-Hack system is for.

And I think that rewards for reporting a hacker successfully should be worth 5 voting points.

I don't know what I should say about having rewards for reporting hackers :doh:
Should I say yes because I think people do deserve rewards for helping GMs do their jobs?
or Should I say no because we already have an Anti-Hack system in place?

I've heard from several people that the anti-hack system is not yet implemented in remorse.
I see this already by going to events and seeing the same people use teleport hack every day.

The Patient
Donors

Advertisement
#7 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 am by Hampusloof
DemonSoliloquy wrote:I've heard from several people that the anti-hack system is not yet implemented in remorse.
I see this already by going to events and seeing the same people use teleport hack every day.

First time i went to an event i saw atleast 3 flyhackers, i did get 2 names , but one i dident get :/ It's sad becouse they are cheating, getting good weapond's like event weaponds at no-time, and we who don't do hacks take's a while :cry:
This is not good :snooty:
Sign Made by Pow! ^

The Patient
Registered users
#8 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:41 am by Vomo
I don't really see the point of it.
Sure it would be nice for players but why?!
If you see a hacker at the starter event and you take a picture.
Why do you do that? Just to help to server out.
And getting rid of the stupid hackers.
Its like homework for school I don't get rewarded for making it.
But I just do it for my self and its better for later.
You get my point? :think: :snooty:
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter

Rival
Donors
#9 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 am by riotguards
DemonSoliloquy wrote:I've heard from several people that the anti-hack system is not yet implemented in remorse.

there is no anti hack system implemented from what i know

i have around 60 pictures (1-3 per hacker) flying hacking on events, started 3 - 4 days ago

The Patient
Donors
#10 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am by Hampusloof
Vomo wrote:I don't really see the point of it.

I get your point, but there is still ppl that ''My dog eat my homework'' if u know what i mean ;)
They skip to report the hacker and that doesnt make that server good :P
Sign Made by Pow! ^

The Patient
Registered users
#11 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 am by Vomo
True...
I dont know what to say on that XD
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter

Rival
Donors
#12 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am by Hampusloof
Vomo wrote:True...
I dont know what to say on that XD

Im good aint i ;)?
Sign Made by Pow! ^

The Patient
Registered users
#13 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 am by Vomo
lol
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter

Rival
Donors
#14 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 am by Hampusloof
Vomo wrote:lol

Yeayea, do it loud!
Sign Made by Pow! ^

The Patient
Registered users
#15 Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm by Myriad111
Honestly, it is your civic duty to the server and your fellow players to report hackers. You play here, so you should do your part to keep the server from being destroyed by hackers corrupting the database with their 3rd party program. We are actively doing our part by getting rid of as many as we can. You would be surprised how many are actually caught per day. But unfortanately we cannot be everywhere at once, tickets need to be answered, forums need to be moderated, events need to be ran, donations need to be given out and chat needs to be moderated. Since you the players cannot do any of these, reporting all hackers is within your power to do. All you need to do is: get screenshots and go into your account and click the report a player link, or put in a ticket with the suspected hackers name and what hack you believe they are doing...and we will handle the rest. We will not institute any type of reward program, there are many ways this can be abused. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

The Exalted
Banned
#16 Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 pm by Vomo
Myriad111 wrote:Honestly, it is your civic duty to the server and your fellow players to report hackers. You play here, so you should do your part to keep the server from being destroyed by hackers corrupting the database with their 3rd party program. We are actively doing our part by getting rid of as many as we can. You would be surprised how many are actually caught per day. But unfortanately we cannot be everywhere at once, tickets need to be answered, forums need to be moderated, events need to be ran, donations need to be given out and chat needs to be moderated. Since you the players cannot do any of these, reporting all hackers is within your power to do. All you need to do is: get screenshots and go into your account and click the report a player link, or put in a ticket with the suspected hackers name and what hack you believe they are doing...and we will handle the rest. We will not institute any type of reward program, there are many ways this can be abused. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

I thought the same thing as you but I couldnt explain it right :doh:
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter

Rival
Donors
#17 Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm by DemonSoliloquy
Hampusloof wrote:

I get your point, but there is still ppl that ''My dog eat my homework'' if u know what i mean ;)

I...just didn't get what you tried to say.

The Patient
Donors
#18 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:13 pm by blackslap
Myriad111 wrote:Honestly, it is your civic duty to the server and your fellow players to report hackers. You play here, so you should do your part to keep the server from being destroyed by hackers corrupting the database with their 3rd party program. We are actively doing our part by getting rid of as many as we can. You would be surprised how many are actually caught per day. But unfortanately we cannot be everywhere at once, tickets need to be answered, forums need to be moderated, events need to be ran, donations need to be given out and chat needs to be moderated. Since you the players cannot do any of these, reporting all hackers is within your power to do. All you need to do is: get screenshots and go into your account and click the report a player link, or put in a ticket with the suspected hackers name and what hack you believe they are doing...and we will handle the rest. We will not institute any type of reward program, there are many ways this can be abused. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

exactly what i was thinking but with a bit more words :D

The Patient
Banned
#19 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 pm by Hampusloof
DemonSoliloquy wrote:
Hampusloof wrote:

I...just didn't get what you tried to say.

What i mean is that some ppl just skip report players by lazyness, and they think it not worth the affort.
Sign Made by Pow! ^

The Patient
Registered users
#20 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 pm by hahalooser
Why not have rewards that do not give ingame advantage but give you bragging rights, like maybe a custom title like "Reporter" or maybe a mount / pet not obtainable ingame. That way u get something for reporting hackers but there is no way / use to abuse this system.
Lemme know what u think of this idea
Sigs are totally lame.. wait did I just put in one??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenger
Registered users