Eternal-WoW Facebook Eternal-WoW Twitter Eternal-WoW YouTube Eternal-WoW MySpace

Announcement

For instructions on connecting to our 3.3.5a WotLK servers, CLICK HERE
For instructions on connecting to our 4.X Cataclysm servers, CLICK HERE

MarkooxThe ground is shaking with every step they take. The Remorse Titans are invading remorse at 3:00 ST !wow private server 1 hour ago
MarkooxWe are hiring GMs and we want you! Sign up at http://eternal-wow.com/user/gmapplicationwow private server 1 hour ago
LitemodeOur love couple Mike & Jenny got into an argument and are taking it out on Redemption. Heroes! Defend yourselves at 9:15 svtwow private server 7 hours ago
cokdeli1Redemption!! Watch Melanite going through ICC25n at : http://www.twitch.tv/pheoniixthunderstorm/wow private server 10 hours ago
gmaffectxThis is not good! The cows have found their milk spread all over Dalaran! Eternal, prepare yourselves for the cows! Starting 16:52 ST!wow private server 11 hours ago

Moderators: Lead RCT, Senior Developer

Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUGS HERE!
Post them in our Issue Tracker.

do you think rewards should be given for reporting x amount of hackers

yes this is a good idea
22
42%
yes but more rewards
5
9%
maybe
9
17%
no this just won't work
9
17%
no this is just stupid
7
13%
leave hackers alone
1
2%
 
Total votes : 53

[suggestion] report hacker reward?

#1 by riotguards » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:59 am

hi this may be a silly suggestion but i was wondering if there could every be a reward system for reporting hackers

my idea is that whenever someone succesfully reports a hacker they would get a point for doing so, after x amount of reporting they get a automatic reward of substance x (i.e. 1 vip point or 10 votes, etc)

good idea or just silly?
riotguards

Senior
 
Posts: 350
Topics: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 pm
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#2 by Hampusloof » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am

riotguards wrote:hi this may be a silly suggestion but i was wondering if there could every be a reward system for reporting hackers

my idea is that whenever someone succesfully reports a hacker they would get a point for doing so, after x amount of reporting they get a automatic reward of substance x (i.e. 1 vip point or 10 votes, etc)

good idea or just silly?


This can be a good suggestion, more hackers banned = better quallity of playing the game :)
Image
Sign Made by Pow! ^
User avatar
Hampusloof

Senior
 
Posts: 373
Topics: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 am
Location: Sweden
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#3 by goldstinger » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 am

There is always a worry of people abusing the process though, and that would put a terrible amount of stress on GM's who have to read them.

Plus, I don't think I would like it if the servers started turning into a 24/7 Hacker Hunt.

But I do agree with you on the fact that it could possibly completely eliminate Hacking altogether. But that is what the New Anti-Hack system is for.

And I think that rewards for reporting a hacker successfully should be worth 5 voting points.

I don't know what I should say about having rewards for reporting hackers :doh:
Should I say yes because I think people do deserve rewards for helping GMs do their jobs?
or Should I say no because we already have an Anti-Hack system in place?
Image
goldstinger

Veteran
 
Posts: 101
Topics: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:40 pm
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#4 by kugalojan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 am

that "leave hackers alone" seemed like the youtube video where that blonde hair dude QQ's about leave brintney alone... So i had to click it. But yer if there were rewards, people would make an effort to try and report people.

Most people report, get no response so they end up not bothering, For example me.
Image
kugalojan

Senior
 
Posts: 369
Topics: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 am
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#5 by Hampusloof » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:26 am

kugalojan wrote:that "leave hackers alone" seemed like the youtube video where that blonde hair dude QQ's about leave brintney alone... So i had to click it. But yer if there were rewards, people would make an effort to try and report people.

Most people report, get no response so they end up not bothering, For example me.

That video is GREAT XD but still hacker's are not allowed here so i would go for it but there is one problem ...
ETERNAL-HACKERHUNT
goldstinger wrote:
Plus, I don't think I would like it if the servers started turning into a 24/7 Hacker Hunt.
Image
Sign Made by Pow! ^
User avatar
Hampusloof

Senior
 
Posts: 373
Topics: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 am
Location: Sweden
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#6 by DemonSoliloquy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:34 am

goldstinger wrote:There is always a worry of people abusing the process though, and that would put a terrible amount of stress on GM's who have to read them.

Plus, I don't think I would like it if the servers started turning into a 24/7 Hacker Hunt.

But I do agree with you on the fact that it could possibly completely eliminate Hacking altogether. But that is what the New Anti-Hack system is for.

And I think that rewards for reporting a hacker successfully should be worth 5 voting points.

I don't know what I should say about having rewards for reporting hackers :doh:
Should I say yes because I think people do deserve rewards for helping GMs do their jobs?
or Should I say no because we already have an Anti-Hack system in place?

I've heard from several people that the anti-hack system is not yet implemented in remorse.
I see this already by going to events and seeing the same people use teleport hack every day.
Image
DemonSoliloquy

Senior
 
Posts: 414
Topics: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 pm
Karma: 0

Advertisement

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#7 by Hampusloof » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 am

DemonSoliloquy wrote:I've heard from several people that the anti-hack system is not yet implemented in remorse.
I see this already by going to events and seeing the same people use teleport hack every day.

First time i went to an event i saw atleast 3 flyhackers, i did get 2 names , but one i dident get :/ It's sad becouse they are cheating, getting good weapond's like event weaponds at no-time, and we who don't do hacks take's a while :cry:
This is not good :snooty:
Image
Sign Made by Pow! ^
User avatar
Hampusloof

Senior
 
Posts: 373
Topics: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 am
Location: Sweden
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#8 by Vomo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:41 am

I don't really see the point of it.
Sure it would be nice for players but why?!
If you see a hacker at the starter event and you take a picture.
Why do you do that? Just to help to server out.
And getting rid of the stupid hackers.
Its like homework for school I don't get rewarded for making it.
But I just do it for my self and its better for later.
You get my point? :think: :snooty:
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter
Vomo

Veteran
 
Posts: 149
Topics: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#9 by riotguards » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 am

DemonSoliloquy wrote:I've heard from several people that the anti-hack system is not yet implemented in remorse.
I see this already by going to events and seeing the same people use teleport hack every day.


there is no anti hack system implemented from what i know

i have around 60 pictures (1-3 per hacker) flying hacking on events, started 3 - 4 days ago
riotguards

Senior
 
Posts: 350
Topics: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 pm
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#10 by Hampusloof » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

Vomo wrote:I don't really see the point of it.
Sure it would be nice for players but why?!
If you see a hacker at the starter event and you take a picture.
Why do you do that? Just to help to server out.
And getting rid of the stupid hackers.
Its like homework for school I don't get rewarded for making it.
But I just do it for my self and its better for later.
You get my point? :think: :snooty:

I get your point, but there is still ppl that ''My dog eat my homework'' if u know what i mean ;)
They skip to report the hacker and that doesnt make that server good :P
Image
Sign Made by Pow! ^
User avatar
Hampusloof

Senior
 
Posts: 373
Topics: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 am
Location: Sweden
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#11 by Vomo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 am

True...
I dont know what to say on that XD
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter
Vomo

Veteran
 
Posts: 149
Topics: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#12 by Hampusloof » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am

Vomo wrote:True...
I dont know what to say on that XD

Im good aint i ;)?
Image
Sign Made by Pow! ^
User avatar
Hampusloof

Senior
 
Posts: 373
Topics: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 am
Location: Sweden
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#13 by Vomo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 am

lol
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter
Vomo

Veteran
 
Posts: 149
Topics: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#14 by Hampusloof » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 am

Vomo wrote:lol

Yeayea, do it loud!
Image
Sign Made by Pow! ^
User avatar
Hampusloof

Senior
 
Posts: 373
Topics: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 am
Location: Sweden
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#15 by Myriad111 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Honestly, it is your civic duty to the server and your fellow players to report hackers. You play here, so you should do your part to keep the server from being destroyed by hackers corrupting the database with their 3rd party program. We are actively doing our part by getting rid of as many as we can. You would be surprised how many are actually caught per day. But unfortanately we cannot be everywhere at once, tickets need to be answered, forums need to be moderated, events need to be ran, donations need to be given out and chat needs to be moderated. Since you the players cannot do any of these, reporting all hackers is within your power to do. All you need to do is: get screenshots and go into your account and click the report a player link, or put in a ticket with the suspected hackers name and what hack you believe they are doing...and we will handle the rest. We will not institute any type of reward program, there are many ways this can be abused. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Myriad111

Post Hacker
 
Posts: 2684
Topics: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#16 by Vomo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Myriad111 wrote:Honestly, it is your civic duty to the server and your fellow players to report hackers. You play here, so you should do your part to keep the server from being destroyed by hackers corrupting the database with their 3rd party program. We are actively doing our part by getting rid of as many as we can. You would be surprised how many are actually caught per day. But unfortanately we cannot be everywhere at once, tickets need to be answered, forums need to be moderated, events need to be ran, donations need to be given out and chat needs to be moderated. Since you the players cannot do any of these, reporting all hackers is within your power to do. All you need to do is: get screenshots and go into your account and click the report a player link, or put in a ticket with the suspected hackers name and what hack you believe they are doing...and we will handle the rest. We will not institute any type of reward program, there are many ways this can be abused. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

I thought the same thing as you but I couldnt explain it right :doh:
Remorse
Dontqq - Rogue
Beastz - Druid
Strikez - Hunter
Vomo

Veteran
 
Posts: 149
Topics: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#17 by DemonSoliloquy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Hampusloof wrote:
Vomo wrote:I don't really see the point of it.
Sure it would be nice for players but why?!
If you see a hacker at the starter event and you take a picture.
Why do you do that? Just to help to server out.
And getting rid of the stupid hackers.
Its like homework for school I don't get rewarded for making it.
But I just do it for my self and its better for later.
You get my point? :think: :snooty:

I get your point, but there is still ppl that ''My dog eat my homework'' if u know what i mean ;)
They skip to report the hacker and that doesnt make that server good :P

I...just didn't get what you tried to say.
Image
DemonSoliloquy

Senior
 
Posts: 414
Topics: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 pm
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#18 by blackslap » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Myriad111 wrote:Honestly, it is your civic duty to the server and your fellow players to report hackers. You play here, so you should do your part to keep the server from being destroyed by hackers corrupting the database with their 3rd party program. We are actively doing our part by getting rid of as many as we can. You would be surprised how many are actually caught per day. But unfortanately we cannot be everywhere at once, tickets need to be answered, forums need to be moderated, events need to be ran, donations need to be given out and chat needs to be moderated. Since you the players cannot do any of these, reporting all hackers is within your power to do. All you need to do is: get screenshots and go into your account and click the report a player link, or put in a ticket with the suspected hackers name and what hack you believe they are doing...and we will handle the rest. We will not institute any type of reward program, there are many ways this can be abused. Thank you for your cooperation and support.



exactly what i was thinking but with a bit more words :D
blackslap

Senior
 
Posts: 485
Images: 3
Topics: 61
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:15 am
Karma: -2

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#19 by Hampusloof » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 pm

DemonSoliloquy wrote:
Hampusloof wrote:
Vomo wrote:I don't really see the point of it.
Sure it would be nice for players but why?!
If you see a hacker at the starter event and you take a picture.
Why do you do that? Just to help to server out.
And getting rid of the stupid hackers.
Its like homework for school I don't get rewarded for making it.
But I just do it for my self and its better for later.
You get my point? :think: :snooty:

I get your point, but there is still ppl that ''My dog eat my homework'' if u know what i mean ;)
They skip to report the hacker and that doesnt make that server good :P

I...just didn't get what you tried to say.

What i mean is that some ppl just skip report players by lazyness, and they think it not worth the affort.
Image
Sign Made by Pow! ^
User avatar
Hampusloof

Senior
 
Posts: 373
Topics: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 am
Location: Sweden
Karma: 0

Re: [suggestion] report hacker reward?

#20 by hahalooser » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Why not have rewards that do not give ingame advantage but give you bragging rights, like maybe a custom title like "Reporter" or maybe a mount / pet not obtainable ingame. That way u get something for reporting hackers but there is no way / use to abuse this system.
Lemme know what u think of this idea
Sigs are totally lame.. wait did I just put in one??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image
hahalooser

Veteran
 
Posts: 152
Topics: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:16 am
Karma: 0

Next

Return to Remorse (3.3.5 - 255 Funserver)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest